Friday, August 21, 2009

Today was P's last official day of summer. She starts school Monday. Middle school, bus rides and uniforms are in store for us this year. There are a lot of kids in her class that she knows from last year and her teacher seems very nice.
The adoption process is going fairly well. We're waiting for our home study to be completed and approved by the home study agency as well as the adoption agency. We just found out today the FBI messed up our clearances so we had to re-do that. I have all of the documentation that we needed so it was a matter of getting a money order and heading to the Fed Ex store to get it all sent out. I'm still hoping to have our profile out to birth mothers by mid-Sept. But it's out of my hands and my controlling little brain is still trying to grasp that. Grrr...
We're getting closer and closer to deployment. J is spending the weekend packing and finishing up last minute details. We're very excited for this deployment to be over. A lot of good things are expected during the deployment and when he gets home we'll finally be moving! I'm SOOO ready to move. I love it here and this place feels like home but going somewhere new will be really nice. We have another station or two here in the states and then hopefully off to Europe we'll go.
That's all for this edition of The James Adventure. Maybe next month I'll have some really super good news about the adoption. Wishful thinking...

No comments:

Post a Comment