Friday, January 30, 2009

Our guinea pig is...

Let's see if everyone can keep up... Last summer we had 4 guinea pigs. Two boys, Patch and Snickers, and two girls, Olive and Chloe. We decided to breed 2 of our little piggies, Patch and Olive. From that we had 3 very cute little boy piggies. Pumpkin and Mouse went to the neighbor boy and we kept Spike. Our 2 males passed away shortly after the babies were born so we decided to keep Spike just to keep a little bit of Patch with us. So now it's fall and we have Chloe, Olive and Spike. Spike was a bit lonely after his brothers left so we got him a little companion and named him Coco. He's the sweetest little piggy! Last week while cleaning the cages P decided that Coco was getting fat. I didn't pay much attention and told her he was just maturing and filling out. Yesterday she brought him downstairs to play with and I noticed that not only is he getting fat but his fat is moving! Then I compared "his" parts with Spike's parts and noticed they look different (guinea pig parts look very much alike until the pigs are about 4-5 months old). I'm sure it wasn't like finding out that your teenage daughter is pregnant but it was pretty shocking. First, to find out that Coco is a girl and then to find out he's...she's pregnant! I have a pretty good idea that the babies will be born in the next 2 weeks and there is probably 3 of them in there. Coco is very young and his...her prenatal care started a bit late but hopefully things will go smoothly for him...her. I'll keep you all posted.

1 comment:

  1. Let's see...dogs, guinea pigs, frogs, a lizard and hermit crab. I don't feel so bad now having five dogs and two cats.

    ReplyDelete